Work for a UK Leading Event Management Company
We’re a close-knit community dedicated to providing our clients with a seamless service to help them to meet their goals and objectives.
Events, marketing, design, finance and flight departments work together to create and orchestrate bespoke events, consistently exceeding clients’ expectations.
We value our work environment and want it to be a place where people enjoy spending their time. Our company values: passion, trust, unity, honesty, commitment and fun, are widely practiced across our entire workforce. No two days are the same, and you’ll have the opportunity to experience different aspects of the workplace, helping you to thrive and develop in the company.
We’re a creative bunch of people who love coming up with and sharing any innovative ideas that improve the way we go above and beyond our clients’ expectations, no matter how big or small.
Our team is made up of a variety of people with different interests, from different backgrounds, in different departments – all brought together by a shared desire to exceed client expectations and a determination to see the company succeed. We’re a friendly bunch, and as much as we enjoy work, we also love to have fun! Having taken part in charity runs, office parties and social activities, we look to implement our values into relationships developed at work as well as the work we provide for clients.
We’re dedicated to each other’s development and will always help one another where we can. You’ll be supported from the offset and whilst you’ll be focusing on your primary role responsibilities, there are lots of areas for creativity to flourish.
New Business Proposal Manager
As one of the leading UK event management companies, First Event creates perfectly planned events around the globe. Our excellent in-house Operations, Flights, Sales, Marketing and Design teams, work together to deliver creative and integrated events around the world for an impressive portfolio of clients.
We are a fast growing agency that has doubled in size in the last two years and we are now looking for an experienced industry professional to head up our New Business Proposal team to manage the process of turning a brand new brief into a creative and business winning proposal.
We are a forward thinking, friendly bunch with a passion for delivering success to our clients- whilst having fun along the way! We live and breathe our values of fun, honesty, Trust, Integrity, Passion and Unity.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a real success story and to make a significant impact.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will have the responsibility of managing a team that delivers ‘best-in-class’ and innovative proposals. These proposals will demonstrate excellent attention to detail in the following areas; research, visual content, creativity, delivery of the brief, costings, ROI and accuracy. Your team will do this by using a variety of formats and platforms that exceed the clients brief and expectations, and result in a signed contract.
You will be responsible for driving strategic activities associated with the proposal process and brief submissions.
You and your team will be required to research and organise information and content to ensure the highest possible quality is created within the company's brand guidelines.
Main duties and responsibilities.
- Manage the proposal team.
- Support and work closely with the Sales team to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Take full ownership of delivering new business winning proposals, RFIs and RFPs.
- Deliver excellent proposals in terms of research, visual content, offerings, costings, ROI and accuracy.
- Work collaboratively with Design, Marketing, Sales and the Operations teams to produce innovative solutions through the use of various formats and platforms.
- Liaise with external resources to create cost effective solutions.
- Project manage all proposals. This includes creating project kick-off calls/brainstorm meetings along with establishing, maintaining and distributing proposal, meeting client expectations and assigning tasks/responsibilities.
- Assist in the development of existing style guides.
- Guarantee that all project output is of the highest quality, consistent with established requirements and internal business objectives.
- Develop and maintain proposal submission tracking spreadsheets and reports.
- Continually improve proposal coordination and production efforts through ongoing review, feedback and re-design of existing processes, methodologies and materials.
- Utilise strong negotiation techniques with suppliers to ensure best value and maximum profitability.
- Implement and maintain a training plan for the proposal team to ensure that product and destination knowledge is consistently ahead of the game.
- Act as a key member of the senior management team, forging strong working relationships and sharing best practices with Heads of Departments.
The perfect applicant.
The perfect applicant needs to possess the following attributes:
- A strong background in managing a team, working with sales teams and currently be either in a similar role or an operational role with proposal writing as an integral part of it.
- Exceptional literary skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Event agency experience at a minimum of Senior Account Manager level.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on events spanning incentives, conferences and exhibitions.
- Extensive product knowledge, both UK and overseas.
- Familiar with dealing with RFI's and RFP's.
- A proven analytical, problem-solver with time management skills, comfortable in managing multiple proposals in parallel.
- 5 years’ experience in managing a team.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated and capable of working well under minimal supervision following brief introductory training period.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Salesforce or similar CRM platform.
- Experience of using presentation programmes along with an artistic eye.
Interested? Please email email@example.com for more information!