EVENT: VIRTUAL CONFERENCE
INDUSTRY: BUILDING MATERIALS
NO. OF DELEGATES: 150
A national supplier of building materials to house builders, ground workers, civil engineers and commercial contractors approached First Event in November 2020 to run a three day conference in January 2021.
The client’s main objectives for the conference was to update, inform and reinvigorate the internal team and suppliers over the three days.
As the event was for both the internal employees and external suppliers, the conference had to ensure that it met objectives for both areas of the business. Therefore First Event created a bespoke portal for the three day event.
In the run up to the conference a save the date was sent to delegates, along with registration details followed by joining instructions as the event got nearer.
A pre-recorded breakfast show hosted by presenter Kate Silverton was recorded for the morning session which was later available on demand for up to two years for any delegates that missed the session or wanted to go back and view it at a later date.
The Afternoon session consisted of Live Q&A’s and a networking session for delegates to socialise, just like they would in a live conference.
A chat function was also integrated to allow interaction during the sessions.
Our client conducted a follow conference survey and were able to share with us the below results:
- 98.68% of attendee’s rated the event Good to Excellent.
- 96.05% of attendees rated the quality of the content and how it was present as Very Good to Excellent.
In addition, delegates also provided the following feedback:
- ‘Great professional event’
- ‘A great way to engage with all in the absence of face to face, I have already used some of the information shared with my team to help with future growth and engagement’
- ‘Overall a very good conference in a new format, engaging, content was good and landed well’
Following the conference success, the client is now working with First Event for future live and virtual events.